Over Dentures or a Bridge
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Dentures or a Bridge:-
Esthetic : Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
Tooth saving : Dental implants don't sacrifice the quality of adjacent teeth.
Confidence : Dental implants will allow to once again speak and eat with comfort and confidence!
Reliable : The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable.
- - implant consists of a titanium screw (resembling a tooth root) with a roughened or smooth surface.
- - Implant surgery is performed as an outpatient under general anesthesia (if several implants are to be placed) or with local anesthesia(for simple cases).
- - Healing and integration of the implant(s) with jawbone occurs over three to six months in a process called osseointegration.
- - Immediate post-extraction implant placement.
- - Delayed immediate post-extraction implant placement (2 weeks to 3 months after extraction).
- - Late implantation (3 months after tooth extraction)
- - Immediate loading procedure.
- - Early loading (1 week to 12 weeks).
- - Staged loading (3-6 months).
- - Late loading (more than 6 months).